It’s March – which means it’s been almost a month since I built The Fort! I promised equal parts support and frivolity, so here I am making good on the latter. Taking my cue from my idol Gala Darling, I’ve compiled some of my favourite stuff from around the web this month. Enjoy, grown ups!
- Get out your to-read list! Arianna Rebolini recommends your next read based on books you loved as a kid.
- Last year’s blockbuster Gravity is ludicrously similar to Tess Gerritsen’s novel of the same name. Totally reeks of foul play.
- #askhermore was incredibly overdue and so refreshing. But just because we want to hear more from talented, clever women doesn’t mean we can’t still moon over their beautiful dresses a little. Here’s a sleek graphic of every Oscar dress worn by a Best Actress on her winning night!
- SoulPancake asked six couples to stare into each other’s eyes for 4 minutes straight and filmed the results. The adorable couple who’ve been married 55 years made me cry and I’m not ashamed to admit it.
- Advice from a vaginal weightlifter: “These things are possible for every woman: ping pong tricks, multiple orgasms, ejaculate that shoots across the room, and insane, life-changing pleasure.”
- Wish your life was easier? Here’s 8 TED talks that will inspire you to become a minimalist.
- Ha! Straw Feminists are the monsters in our collective closet.
- Just this week in internet infamy: the dress that launched a thousand hashtags. #thedress
- Today’s Cadbury Creme Eggs are not the Cadbury Creme Eggs of your youth. The scandal!
- I mean, was there ever any doubt Emma Watson is the perfect choice to play Belle? Side note: Emma will soon have portrayed the two fictional characters whom I most intensely identified with as a kid. Belle and Hermione. Girl has got good taste.
Featured image by Vegan Feast Catering.